If I’m taking a period of study seriously, I like to take notes and to make those notes genuine revision tools (instead of reading the book again). In order for them to become so, they need to look good..
So, I needed:
- A notebook to be proud of.
- Materials to make that happen (see materials post).
- A4 paper for drafting mind maps and other notes.
- Motivation to re-draft mind maps!
- Identification of areas in the exam that warranted this extra effort.
Here’s some snaps of notes that condensed down some key areas (SLA), key concepts (‘would’ etc) and exam essentials, all of which I was able to use for revision instead of laboriously leafing through books and pdfs in search of that sentence I was sure I read somewhere a few weeks ago that I promised myself to remember – but inevitably, can’t remember when it matters.